The Bellingham Highland Games, which this past year made the transistion to a 2 day event for the first time in its history, marked their 45th year of presenting the Scottish Highland Games.
The 2005 event featured nearly 200 individual competitors in the pipes and drums category, 18 pipe bands, including the world famous Simon Fraser University pipe band, over 200 competitors in highland dancing, plus a heavy athletic competition which featured 2 classes of amateurs, and a masters, novice, and women's category. The athletic competition at the Bellingham Highland Games is also the CAN-AM Pacific Spring Championships, which is a qualifier for the Northwest Scottish Athletic Championships. Dozens of clan societies were also be represented at the Bellingham Games.
As an unannounced bonus, the organizers also brought a fair taste of Scottish weather for Sunday morning. Things cleared up a bit in the afternoon that day with the sun even peeking out for an appearance during the closing ceremonies!
- Dates: June 3-4, 2006
- Venue: Hovander Homestead Park, Ferndale, Washington
- 2005 Bellingham athletics results
- 2005 Bellingham dancing results
- 2005 Bellingham pipes&drums results
- Photo gallery
- Interview with Heather Richendrfer of the Clan Heather Dancers
- Interview with drum major Teresa Unkrur